Herbed Wallnut Rice
Just when we thought we’d tried every way imaginable to serve rice, we found a special way that Midwestern cooks serve it. Herbed Walnut Rice sure does satisfy!
What you will need:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 cups cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to do:
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; add onion, carrot, walnuts, marjoram, thyme, and rosemary, and cook until vegetables are tender-crisp, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and parsley; heat thoroughly.